Conceptualisation with Design Thinking Sample
This sample demonstrates the use of haptic modelling using paper figures, and the Scene2Model tool environment to import the scene into the tool.
Prerequisites to this sample are:
- Installation of Scene2Model
- Installation of the IoT Adapter for the Camera
- Available physical environment consisting of the camera, the canvas and the paper figures with QR codes.
The sample should:
- Demonstrate the principles of design thinking
- Introduce the technical features of the Scene2Model environment
- Motivate to apply design thinking and Scene2Model in other application scenarios as well as extend the current tool functionality of Scene2Model.
The introduces sample is the “Hybrid Supermarket” where a smart offering, a smart user interaction and smart processes are discussed and worked out during the workshop.
- Smart Offering: Based on current trends like “Click and Collect”, “Reserve and Collect”, “Delivery Service”, “Drive In”, “Pick-Up Boxes” or “Drone Delivery” the workshop participants should create their own intelligent offering from a supermarket to the customer who want to shop online physical goods.
- Smart User Interaction: Based cameras and robot arm techniques the user can select via camera a particular good. The workshop participants should discuss and work out smart solutions of users who want a particular physical good. Some goods like water bottles may not need a camera detection, other like vegetables may need a camera for quality approval. Different principles for trust and quality approval should be worked out.
- Smart Processes: Once the user interaction took place then smart processes are required for the delivery. This may include collaborative work processes between human and machines, optimisation of the work processes, or additional data mining to make customer specific solutions. The workshop participants should discuss the challenges to use data mining, big data, AI or collaborative IoT and robotic techniques to improve particular processes.
The introductory sample is setting up a workshop scene for design thinking with the aim to trigger the invention of smart offerings, smart user interactions and smart processes. The scenes are imported into the Scene2Model tool for further refinement either using typical modelling features or social media to comment and improve the scenes.
- Introduction to Design Thinking with Scene2Model
- Application Document for Hybrid Supermarkets
- Setup Guide for Scene2Model
- Quck User Guide
- Getting Started with Scene2Model